Upgrade license to 'timescale'

Hi,

I’ve installed TimescaleDB 2.8.0 on a AlmaLinux 9.0 (RedHat) with a PostgreSQL 14.5. All is running fine.
Installed TimescaleDB package belongs to the official PostgreSQL-Repo.

Standard license is ‘apache’. If I switch to ‘timescale’ in postgresql.conf I got an error:

ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/timescaledb-tsl-2.8.0": No such file or directory.

The file isn’t available in /usr/pgsql-14/lib/.

How can I switch to the Community license? Standard packages doesn’t provide this file/license?
Do I really have to build TimescaleDB for my own?

Thank you for your help.

Stan

You should follow the instructions posted here: https://docs.timescale.com/install/latest/self-hosted/installation-redhat/

The official PostgreSQL repo might not have a community-licensed package.

Hi Sven,

thank you for your reply.

I followed the instructions on the website.

But after following all points to number 4 there is no package timescaledb-2-postgresql-14 to install.

Only the packages from the official PostgreSQL-Repo are available for installation.

$> dnf seach timescaledb
   timescaledb_12.x86_64 : PostgreSQL based time-series database
   timescaledb_13.x86_64 : PostgreSQL based time-series database
   timescaledb_14.x86_64 : PostgreSQL based time-series database

Where can I find the timescaledb-2-postgresql-14 package?

Can you help me?

Hi,

I found the reason why the instructions do not work.

On packagecloud.io there are only RPM packages for Enterprise Linux 7 and 8 (el/7, el/8). I am using Enterprise Linux 9.

Will there be packages for Enterprise Linux 9 soon?

Dear TimescaleDB,
I will join to the request of @pxlcore. Do you have any plan to supporting RHEL 9.x based distro?
Thanks so much

Hi dimitribellini,

I found a solution.

PostgreSQL as ist self provides a TSL package, wich you can install easily on el/9.

sudo dnf install -y https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/non-free/14/redhat/rhel-9-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-nonfree-repo-42.0-10.noarch.rpm
sudo dnf install -y timescaledb-tsl_14