Self-signed Certificate from Timescale Cloud

Hello there,

I have recently signed up for Timescale Cloud trial service to test out my node application, and I’ve encountered self-signed certificate issue.

The application is refusing to connect to the timescale cloud instance and showing an error: “self signed certificate in certificate chain”. I was able to verify that everything else is working by just bypassing the ssl verification.

Is this really the case that timescale cloud is using self-signed cert for the domain name? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Hello @f8122dac91

I’ve found this documentation section in case it helps but I’m not 100% sure that it’s useful to you in the context of Timescale Cloud. https://docs.timescale.com/timescaledb/latest/how-to-guides/multinode-timescaledb/multinode-auth/#certificate-authentication

You should definitely drop a request to support for help in getting this set up correctly for your app, either through your console or by emailing [email protected]

You could also check in on this Stack Overflow question as the user shared their solution – just in case it applies in your case and can save you some time :slight_smile: java - Error when trying to connect to Timescale Cloud with SSL by using Apache Ni-Fi - Stack Overflow