Admin Tool similar to phpMyAdmin?

Helllo,
I am new to TimescaleDB so I apologize for my - maybe - stupid questions.

• Is there any tool similar to phpMyAdmin that can be used for administrating Timescale databases and their schemas?
  • Beside my first question, does TimescaleDB provide any Web UI? If so, what administrating/configuration tasks can be done via this Web UI?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thomas

Hi Thomas! Welcome to our forum! There’s no stupid question here!

Any visual tool that works for Postgresql will work with Timescale. The difference is that as Timescale automatically partitions the hypertables into chunks, several times, you’ll see the extra tables without getting too many insights. You can use PgAdmin, DBeaver, Postico, etc.

The Timescale Cloud is the only UI with more advanced settings. It’s only available as part of our product, so if you try our hosted solution, you can benefit from it. We still don’t have a sql console, but the options are more complete, giving you detailed insights about the hypertables, compression ratio, and policy configurations.

It allows you to compress and decompress chunks and other service configurations to dynamically change independent machine resources like disk size and CPUs.

Are you looking for any administration task in particular?

1 Like