Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer at Timescale🐯you would be responsible for the build, design, quality, and maintenance of data warehouse and data products used to power analytics with time-series data for internal customers at Timescale.
Timescale is a fully-remote company with team members around the world, and English language fluency is a requirement. To better coordinate with their teams, the preferred candidate for this role will have working hours in the North/South American time zones.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Architect, build, and maintain a data warehouse “source of truth”, with joined data across Sales interactions, Product usage, Database telemetry, Marketing data, and more, including both ETL and Reverse ETL pipelines. Key data sources/sinks include both SaaS systems (Salesforce, Hubspot) as well lower-level systems data (k8s events, Prometheus metrics), given Timescale’s core data infrastructure products.
- Partner with the head of Business Operations, who is your key stakeholder, to execute upon the long-term vision and roadmap for our internal data platform at Timescale.
- Bring an opinionated view of how our data model should be structured and evolved over time.
- Enable and ensure data self-serve and accessibility across the company.
- Create data pipeline monitoring automation
- Develop strong partnerships and work closely with stakeholder teams across the business, from Engineering and Product, to Go-to-Market teams, to Operations.
- Serve as an evangelist for high-quality, data-driven decision making at Timescale
- Lead and mentor a junior engineer on technical best practices and create a growth plan for them
A little bit about you
You believe that organizations are best when they’re diverse and inclusive, and you’re committed to ensuring that everything we at Timescale do reflects this belief. You can’t wait to be a part of using technology to empower our Timescalers and give them the freedom to work anywhere around the world.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience as a database engineer, preferably in a startup environment.
- Have experience working with various types of databases and data warehouses; such as PostgreSQL, BigQuery/Athena, and Snowflake.
- Have experience with creating and maintaining ETL and Reverse ELT processes, combining data from many sources (Including Salesforce) and forms.
- Maintain rigorous attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Are able to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize various needs.
- Are extremely organized and able to handle sensitive information.
- Able to work with and support stakeholders across the organization (product, sales, marketing, business, etc.)