Executive Assistant/Specialist to CEO
People & Operations
Timescale is looking for a well-organized Executive Assistant to provide support for our CEO! This is a great opportunity to establish working relationships with high-level executives and contribute to the overall efficiency of our rapidly growing organization.
Timescale is an all-remote organization, but we are particularly looking to add this person to the team in the Sacramento/San Francisco Bay area to allow for in-person meetings with the CEO.
- Provide Executive Assistant support for CEO
- Proactively manage, assess, and predict needs and outcomes for projects and tasks.
- Correspond professionally with people at all levels across the company and externally
- Manage schedule, reschedule meetings when necessary (in-person, phone, or video conference meetings)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our culture, business goals, and the priorities/challenges of the Executive team; leverage this knowledge for success
- Support People and HR operations on behalf of the CEO
- Make travel arrangements as necessary
- Provide end-to-end support to the CEO relieving them of administrative details, projects and workflows.
- Research various topics as assigned with rigor and make recommendations
- Assist the with ad hoc projects as needed, including the organization of Executive Team meetings, board meetings, research and other leadership-level activities
At bit about you:
- You pride yourself on your attention to details - organizing is in your DNA
- You enjoy problem solving and excited to take on new challenges
- Thrive in asynchronous communication environment with global time zones
- You’re proactive and can adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
- You have experience managing sensitive and confidential information
- You are an active learner who manages themselves using high EQ, IQ and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- You believe in Timescale’s values and principles
- You are an over communicator, and you are able to adjust your communication style for the audience, to ensure clear communication at all levels.
- 5 years or more experience as an Executive Assistant with 2+ years experience supporting Senior C-Level executives in a fast paced tech start-up
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills at all levels including senior executives.
- Experienced problem solver who makes thoughtful recommendations and implements solutions with cross functional people and teams throughout an organization.
- Highly organized project manager - you are exceptionally organized and excel at managing multiple projects through successful completion
- Previous experience making travel arrangements and coordinating multiple executive calendars
- Self-directed with high standards for your work
- Upbeat attitude and sense of humor
- Experience working at a company with 100 or more employees
- Tech savvy and have previous experience with Google Apps, Gmail for calendaring, Zoom, Slack, Calendly, airtable, and Asana.
About Timescale 🐯
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits