We need extraordinary Cloud Engineers to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to help build Timescale Cloud, working as both developer and operating of our hosted database-as-a-service hosted offering.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position and can be fully remote (timezones UTC-8 to +3) or in our NYC office.
- Develop software for our distributed systems and TimescaleDB-as-a-Service offerings.
- Operate, manage, and maintain a scalable cloud offering across multiple clouds
- Collaborate closely with our database and product engineering teams.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years software engineering experience in production environments
- Operational experience with databases and PostgreSQL (in particular) highly desirable
- Operational experience with microservices in a non-managed Kubernetes setting
- Familiarity with configuration/infrastructure management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience building, operating, and working within event-driven, distributed systems
- Proven work in architecting and operating production cloud services
- Experience programming in Go or Python
- You care deeply about resiliency and quality of the features you ship
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- FSA and Dependent FSA plans
- Educational self-improvement benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome coworkers
Time series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it. Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IT and DevOps monitoring, IoT, complex sensing and monitoring systems, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments. The Timescale team is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.