Timescale is seeking an experienced UX/UI Designer.
You will play a central role in designing and defining the UX/UI for a new Timescale product around IT monitoring and observability aimed at developers and SREs. This role is roughly 80% UX focused but if you have some UI skills that’s great too.
The ideal candidate is great with functional complexity. You prefer working on complex developer or enterprise projects over “fancier” consumer apps. You love to find where users are struggling, so you can draw a path to what a product has to do to solve those issues.
Ultimately we want our users to say “wow!” — not for our product's lovely UI (though it will be great!) but for how efficiently our product helps them accomplish their goals.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position and can be fully remote (timezones UTC-8 to +3) or in our Los Angeles or NYC offices.
- Create effective interfaces and interactions from user flows and wireframes, to final assets, working with product managers, engineers, and end-users
- Turning insights from user research into ideas, prototypes, and ultimately shipping products and features
- Lead ideation sessions, user research, usability tests, QA testing
- Distill complex ideas into inclusive, intuitive, elegant solutions
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and end-users to build a world class enterprise product
- Portfolio of strong interface & user experience design, especially in developer or enterprise space
- 5+ years of UX experience
- Experience with SaaS products; bonus for developer tools and data-driven visualization
- Expertise with Figma, Adobe CC, and other prototyping tools. We love Figma but if you feel that wireframes should always be kept separate in Balsamiq, that’s ok!
- Self starter who gets excited about problem solving and understands that a project never truly ends but is an iterative process
- Be a strong advocate for the user. Everyone has ideas about how the product should work (and many are good!). But the user must always be kept top of mind.
- The ability to think holistically. Always be aware of how your designs and additions will impact the overall product and the company’s vision.
- The ability to work your way through research & planning stages, figure out all possibilities & handle edge-cases.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- FSA and Dependent FSA plans
- Educational self-improvement benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome coworkers
Time series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it. Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IT and DevOps monitoring, IoT, complex sensing and monitoring systems, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments. The Timescale team is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.